Sugar cravings are a common issue among keto dieters. When you first start out, it can be difficult to resist the urge to eat something sweet. The good news is that there are many ways that you can combat sugar cravings and stay on track with your ketogenic lifestyle! In this post we will teach you some helpful techniques for dealing with these temptations.
- Eat lots of healthy fats. Eating fat keeps us feeling full and satisfied, so it’s easier to resist the urge for sweets when you have a large snack high in fat content. Some examples include coconut oil, grass fed butter or ghee, extra virgin olive oil, avocado, and avocados dipped in dark chocolate (yes!).
- Drink more water. This is also key with sugar cravings! Aim to drink at least one gallon per day because dehydration can make sugar cravings worse as well as other side effects such as headaches.
- Stay active during the day and get plenty of sleep at night! These things will help regulate your hormones which can make sugar cravings more manageable.
- Take a break from social media and get some me time! Social media can be triggering for many reasons, so give yourself permission to take a break if you need it.
- Add healthy spices into your cooking or baking routine. Cinnamon is one of the most popular choices because it tastes good on almost anything. Other great options include nutmeg, cardamom, turmeric, ginger root powder (ginger helps speed up metabolism)."
There you have 5 simple hacks to reduce your sugar cravings. Do you follow any of these or do you have any tips to share? Let us know.